Please read these steps carefully before submitting your application online:
1. Complete the Continuing Studies Online Application by clicking the “Apply” button to the right and be sure to:
- Select “Capstone Certificate” on the “Reason for Applying” page and then select “Polymer Processing and Manufacturing Capstone Certificate” on the “Applying As” page.
- Include your personal statement.
- Include additional information and guidelines as requested on the application.
2. Submit supporting materials
- Email resume to Engineering Professional Development Admissions stating program and term of interest.
- Arrange to have two (2) letters of recommendation forwarded directly by your recommenders to the address/email listed below. At least one letter should be from your current or previous direct supervisor. Academic references are acceptable for applicants who have been out of school less than five years. Download recommendation form.
- Request official transcript: Arrange to have a copy of your official transcripts sent directly from your previous educational institutions to the address noted below. We will accept transcripts via any delivery method options (including PDF) offered by the educational institutions you have previously attended. However, transcripts issued to students are not sufficient for admission to the graduate school.
To avoid processing delays, have your transcripts and letters of recommendation sent directly to:
Engineering Professional Development Admissions
432 N Lake St Rm 701A
Madison WI 53706
3. Complete a phone interview: After all of your application materials have been received, the admissions committee chair will schedule a phone interview with you. Once completed, your application will be presented to the Admissions Committee for evaluation at the next scheduled meeting.
The admission decision: Admission decisions are made on applications in the order received. The committee will make one of the following decisions:
- Recommend admission
- Defer consideration until the regular consideration review meeting.
- Request additional information before evaluating further.
- Decline further consideration of your application.
- After a decision has been made on your application, the admissions committee chair will contact you by email to inform you of the decision and to schedule a time to discuss the decision and your next steps.