Design a program of study
UWDMC is no longer accepting new candidates in the Diploma program. Those already registered and active will be able to complete their studies.
The Diploma Program gives you the opportunity to combine studies in:
- disaster/emergency management fundamentals
- professional and technical skills
- communication, administration, management, financial or other area
- understanding of disaster/emergency management in the environmental, political, cultural, and social contexts
You will develop your knowledge of disaster management and expand skills by meeting requirements in three different areas.
- Gain a foundation in disaster management by completing UWDMC Core Courses. Complete two required courses and then choose from more than 20 self-study courses to earn Continuing Education Units toward the Core Course requirement.
- Broaden your knowledge and expand skills through Professional Electives. It’s possible to earn Continuing Education Units from approved courses and training from other institutions and organizations, including courses completed previously.
- Apply your learning in the Professional Study Project. You can use a current work assignment or a topic of importance to you to complete this in-depth project.
Learn more about what is involved in earning the Diploma and the flexibility you have to design your program of study on the Diploma Requirements page. If you have additional questions, it’s best to use email to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.