UWDMC is no longer accepting new students in courses. Those already enrolled and active will be able to take an exam and earn CEUs. All courses will continue to be available online for free review.
We offer a self-study course curriculum in international disaster/emergency management. Written and reviewed by more than 100 specialists with field experience throughout the world, UWDMC courses have been developed as practical learning tools. There are no prerequisites.
All courses are available in English and some are available in Spanish on request. Course materials are in a pdf document that you can download and then study at your own pace and on your own schedule. The content includes self-test quizzes and exercises for reinforcing learning.
All UWDMC courses award Continuing Education Units (CEU) and provide a certificate of completion. CEU will be entered automatically on a continuing education transcript maintained for you. To earn Continuing Education Units (CEU) for UWDMC courses, you must take an exam, which is proctored at a place and time of your choosing.
Review course study guides
Course study guides are available at the links below and are free for you to download, browse, and review. Students who have already enrolled and paid the course fee, may still request the final exam and earn Continuing Education Units.
- Aim and Scope of Disaster Management
- Principles of Management
- Natural Hazards: Causes and Effects
- Disaster Preparedness
- Damage and Needs Assessment
- Disaster Response
- Environmental Health Management after Natural Disaster
- Health Services Organization in the Event of Disaster
- Emergency Health Management after Natural Disaster
- Epidemiologic Surveillance after Natural Disaster
- Emergency Vector Control after Natural Disaster
- Health Education and Training of Refugee Health Workers
- Disasters and Development
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Contingency Planning
- Planning an Emergency Response
- Managing an Emergency Response
- Managing External Relations in an Emergency
- Designing Participatory Workshops
- Providing Emergency Support and Advice
- Security Risk Management