The Commissioning Process for Existing BuildingsSee upcoming dates
Are you looking to improve the performance and comfort of your buildings? Learn how to apply the principles of the commissioning process (CxP) to existing buildings to improve productivity, indoor air quality, maintainability, operability, and energy efficiency.
Who Should Attend?
- Building owners and developers
- Facility managers
- Commissioning authorities
- Federal project managers
- Construction managers
- Project managers and planners
- Building operation and maintenance staff
Existing Building Commissioning Guidelines
- ASHRAE Guideline 0.2
- BCA and California Commissioning Guidelines
- Comparison to new construction commissioning
- Terminology and key concepts
Overview of Existing Building Commissioning
- Historical benefits and cost
- The EBCx team
- The EBCx process with specific tasks and details
EBCx Process in Action with Case Studies
- Planning phase: key drivers, prep work, and identifying opportunities
- Investigation phase: field testing, energy analysis
- Implementation phase: approaches and best practices
Monitoring Based Commissioning
- What MBCx is and isn't
- How is it different from retro-commissioning and re-commissioning?
- Means of implementing, metrics , and tools
Optimizing Control Strategies to Maximize Commercial Building Energy Savings
- The Building Automation System's role in energy use and energy efficiency
- Identify the right energy saving measures to implement (hint - they are controls-based)
- Steps to optimize energy saving control sequences (and pitfalls to avoid)
- Justification for a strong O&M program
- Key elements of an effective O&M program
Robert Austin, Associate Vice President, Dewberry, holds a BS in Aerospace Engineering and has specialized in Existing Building Commissioning over his entire career. His resume includes execution and management of Existing Building Commissioning projects on a national scale, spanning nearly every vertical market sector. He is an expert in field assessments, controls troubleshooting, energy analysis, measurement and verification, and automated fault detection and diagnostics. He is a member of the Building Commissioning Association.
Upcoming dates (0)
Take this course when it’s offered next!