Preventive Maintenance OptimizationSee upcoming dates
Often, the approaches we take for preventive maintenance optimization (PMO) are too conservative. In this course, receive the tools you need to execute a PMO exercise in your organization that will cut cost and improve reliability. Learn what to complete before you even take the first step—and what to do once you’ve completed your exercise.
Who Should Attend?
- Maintenance managers
- Supervisors and leaders
- Maintenance planners and schedulers
- Maintenance and facility engineers
This course is part of the Maintenance and Reliability Management Certificate. Enhance your maintenance skills while earning a recognized credential.
- How to integrate the PMO process into a team-based activity
- The significance of Reliability Centered Maintenance, JA1011, and PM level loading
- The prerequisites that must be in place before starting a PMO Kaizen event and the importance of data integrity
- Criticality Analysis and how it plays an integral part in the activities related to PMO
- How to develop an action plan that can be tracked to ensure on-time completion
- How to create a team with the right resources, time and abilities for success––and ensure they understand the goal is efficiency and not position elimination
- Identify waste from every source and how it contributes to the overall inefficiency of many programs
- Steps to cleanly and effectively execute your plan so it delivers the correct results the first time
- Follow-up activities and communications for long-term viability
Robert Bishop, CMRP, CRL, IAM ISO 55K is a Plant Manager for a chemical manufacturing site. In addition to his certifications as CMRP (Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional), CRL (Certified Reliability Leader), and IAM ISO 55K (The Institute of Asset Management ISO 55K Certificate in Asset Management), Robert is also an approved proctor for SMRP (Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals) and AMP (Association of Maintenance Professionals) professional certifications. Robert is a past Chair for the SMRP Pharmaceutical and Biotech SIG (Shared Interest Group) and involved with many industry organizations.
Robert worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 17 years in quality and engineering roles. Robert has helped establish many reliability systems, both at a site and global level. He has several articles in the field of reliability in world class publications. Robert has a passion for people, culture, and continuous improvement.
Robert has received several industry awards in the field of reliability. In 2015 Rob was part of a team that accepted the Uptime Award for Best Maintenance Reliability Program. In 2016 Rob received SMRPs CMRP of the Year - Rising Leader Award. Also, in 2016 Rob received an Uptime Award for Best Leadership for Reliability Program.
Upcoming dates (0)
Take this course when it’s offered next!
Preventive Maintenance OptimizationCourse #: RA01499
Preventive Maintenance OptimizationDate: Mon. April 12, 2021 – Tue. April 13, 2021
Fee covers online instruction and course materials.
- CEU: 1.4
- PDH: 14
Preventive Maintenance OptimizationDate: Wed. May 22, 2019 – Thu. May 23, 2019