If you design, install, commission, maintain or repair metal roofing systems, this course will provide you with the tools and techniques to do your job correctly and avoid problems. Upon completing this course, you will be able to identify the best solutions to your metal roofing issues, whether you’re working on new constructions, performing maintenance, or re-roofing.
Who Should Attend?
- Owners’ representatives
- Materials specifiers
- Building Envelope Commissioning Authorities
- Anyone involved in metal roofing design, construction, maintenance, repair, and re-roofing
"A wealth of knowledge. This was as amazing class … Liked hands-on demonstration, and the amount of in-depth coverage."
—Leonard, USAF, Hurlburt Field, Florida (November 2018)
"The water intrusion and detail explanations/diagrams have been enormously helpful."
—Justin, Trachte Building Systems, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin (November, 2017)
"The most informative and entertaining presentation on metal roofs you will ever see. Simply put, if you own, build, design or inspect metal roofs you need to see this class!"
—John, Northland Consulting Engineers, Duluth, Minnesota (December, 2016)
Understanding Metal Roofing: Part 1
- Metallic coatings and metallurgy
- Profiling and roll forming
- Profile types
- Hydrokinetic or hydrostatic?
- Principles of joining and sealing
- Sealant performance
- Why do metal roofs leak?
Understanding Metal Roofing: Part 2
- Basic terms and definitions
- Principles of thermal response
- Panel attachment and fixity
- Curving options
- Slope considerations
- Common sense roof design
- Wind and its effects, and testing
- Paint types and coatings
Rob’s Rules of Metal Roofing
- Dual fixity
- Roof details
Low Slope Hydrostatic Details
- Fastener and sealant critical areas
- End lap
- Expansion joint
- Perimeter flashings
- Panel clips
Steep Slope Hydrokinetic Details
- Substrate suitability
- Panel symmetry
- Eave details
- Ridge details, hip and headwalls
- Panel fixity
- Rakes and other details
- Soft metals
- Oil canning, and what to do about it
Materials and Installation
- Re-roofing with metal
- Snow retention devices
- Integration with solar PV
- Unities metal roof products
- Fee covers morning and afternoon breaks, scheduled lunches, course materials.
- CEU: 1.2
- PDH: 12
- LU/HSW: 12
- 12/2/2021 08:00am - 05:00pm
- 12/3/2021 08:00am - 02:00pm
Instructor(s)Robert Haddock, Mark Malkin
Companion Course Discount: Take $100 off each course when you enroll in both this course and C054 Low Slope Roofing Systems
If you cannot attend, please notify us no later than one week before your course begins, and we will refund your fee. Cancellations received after this date and no-shows are subject to a $150 administrative fee. You may enroll a substitute at any time before the course starts.