Implementation of Technology to Be Prepared for the Connected and Automated WorldSee upcoming dates
- CV/AV maturity models: Connected, and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) technologies are rapidly changing, with a large amount of media attention, and claims regarding their imminent release to the world
- Regulatory requirements for CAVs are in a state of flux, with regular mismatch between existing regulations, and deployed technologies on the roads
- The industry is moving towards a future with significant market penetration of CAVs, and CAV-related technologies (including infrastructure)
- At the same time, many ready-to-deploy technologies exist that can make a significant, positive impact on our transportation networks today. These technologies can also align well with the vision for a CAV future.
Who Should Attend?
Who Should Attend?
- Transportation civil engineers and planners
- Transportation system managers, programmers, and operators
- Information technology
- Base maps/inventory
- Business information/dashboard systems
- Hands On at Park Street- DSRC- Transponder in the car (WisTransPortal)
- Maverick- Collect some data, pull in process data, extraction
- Utah Portal
- Maverick- Data collection and hands on experience with the Utah Portal
Tom Hershberger is the Director of Marketing and Sales for Mandli Communications, Inc., technology solutions company.
Mandli develops large-scale data collection, analysis, and processing systems that support a variety of industries, including state DOTs, engineering firms, and city and county road and highway departments. One of Mandli Communications’ goals is to reduce traffic deaths to zero by converting vast information into actionable intelligence. The company is also active in helping assess and digitize potential solutions for autonomous vehicles.
Tom is a customer-focused marketing leader with expertise in maximizing value across multiple industries and channels. He has broad functional experience in marketing, sales, product innovation, and strategic planning, with demonstrated success with Fortune 100 and smaller entrepreneurial organizations. Tom holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering, an MBA in Marketing, and a M.S. in Biotechnology. He also serves as an adjunct professor for MBA-Level Marketing and Sales courses.
Eric Nutt is the Chief Technology Officer for Mandli Communications, Inc., a high-tech solutions company developing large-scale data collection and processing systems that support our State DOTs in their mission to reduce traffic deaths to zero by converting vast information into actionable intelligence. Before taking on the challenges of strategic planning at Mandli Communications, Eric oversaw the research and development of data collection vehicles and data processing software -- leveraging his Electrical Engineering and Computer Science degrees from UW-Madison to establish Mandli Communications, Inc. as the leader of large-scale network data collection and delivery projects across the country. More recently, Eric has been heavily involved in Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) technology development and advocacy, including partnering with the Wisconsin Automated Vehicle Proving Grounds, supporting the SAE Connected and Autonomous Vehicles Journal as an Associate Editor, and giving presentations across the country about CAV challenges and opportunities.
Upcoming dates (0)
Take this course when it’s offered next!