Water Challenges and Opportunities in the 21st Century
Aging infrastructure. Increasing costs. Changing technologies. Protecting public health. Improving the water environment. These are among the many issues and opportunities challenging water reclamation – a vital $100 billion/year industry that includes wastewater treatment facilities, collection systems, and water resource recovery programs.
Imagine tackling such issues while helping your organization take advantage of the latest developments and opportunities. The UW-Madison Certificate in Water Reclamation is designed to help you and your organization succeed.
- Learn to evaluate and apply the latest technologies and processes in water reclamation, and how to improve your own individual facilities, projects, and programs.
- Improve your ability to communicate across multiple disciplines, including engineering, regulations, technology, operations, maintenance, finance, and management.
- Gain insight into the trends and developments that will shape water reclamation in the 21st Century, and how your company and colleagues can tackle these challenges and opportunities.
- Earn a nationally recognized credential – the Certificate in Water Reclamation – from UW-Madison.
How to Earn the Certificate
- Complete any five of the eligible courses listed. Courses can be completed in any order, and can be selected to meet your own individual needs and interests. Courses range from 2-days to 3-days each. Each course also provides continuing education credit.
- Prepare and submit a satisfactory case study or issue paper. Select a topic that is relevant to water reclamation and applicable to your own individual career and interests.
See the complete details and requirements to earn the Certificate in Water Reclamation.
Who Should Enroll?
The Certificate in Water Reclamation is designed for a wide range of water professionals, including engineers, managers, consultants, operations and maintenance professionals. They work in many types organizations, such as:
- Facility owners (utilities, sewerage districts, industries, etc.)
- Consulting and engineering firms
- Federal and state agencies
- Military bases
- Equipment and technology companies
- Contract operating firms
- Other water related organizations or companies
Certificate Interest Form
Please provide your name and contact information below. The Program Director will be in contact with you about upcoming courses and next steps.
The Certificate in Water Reclamation is built on UW-Madison’s nationally recognized continuing education courses in water reclamation, engineering, and management. The instructors are recognized experts from academia, consulting, industry, and public sector agencies. Each course is designed to combine key principles, case studies, problem solving, and interactive discussions. Courses are regularly updated to include the most relevant practices and insights. Each course provides continuing education units recognized nationwide.
Course offerings and schedules are periodically adjusted based on industry demand.
Complete Any Five Eligible Courses
First Water Reclamation Certificate Awarded!
Meet the engineer who earned UW-Madison's first Water Reclamation Certificate.Meet him now.
INFOGRAPHIC: What is Water Reclamation?
Learn what challenges and opportunities water reclamation poses in the 21st century.Click here to see the graphic.