Earn a commissioning certificate from UW-Madison, which recognizes your skills in commissioning and can open you up to increased job responsibilities and recognition.To receive the Qualified Commissioning Process Provider Certificate (QCxP), you must complete the required training and pass the certification exam.
Choose One of Two Course Options
The training component has two options: complete one five-day course, or complete one three-day and one two-day course.
Additional certifications are available once you have earned the QCxP and are awarded based on work experience.
See How the Certificate Has Helped Others
Are you curious to know how a Commissioning Certificate can help you? Click here to read some testimonials from past recipients.
Who Should Enroll?
- Commissioning authorities (CxA’s)
- Commissioning process managers
- Project managers
- Facility owners
- Facility managers
- Facility operating and maintenance staff
- Architects, engineers, contractors, and related project team members who are implementing the commissioning process or working with CxA’s
- Individuals with backgrounds in design, construction, project management, mechanical/electrical/plumbing systems, QA/QC, or related fields who are (or will be) implementing the commissioning process
Enrollment in the examination requires completion of commissioning process courses. These courses do not have to be taken consecutively.
Timeframe: 6-8 days
Cost: $2,970 (courses + exam taken in same week) or $3,265 (course + elective + exam taken in different weeks)
Take the required course, one elective and the exam.
Elective Courses (Choose one topic):
Take the required course and the exam.
(Required for both Option 1 and Option 2)
Want to Renew Your Commissioning Certificate?
Recertification provides a process to ensure that individuals with UW–Madison Commissioning certifications are remaining actively engaged and knowledgeable about the current application of the Commissioning Process. Once renewed, certifications are valid for five years.Find Out How!